Skittles isn’t the only one that agrees you should eat the rainbow. Eating a nice range of different colors will give you a vibrant glow and make you insanely healthier. Everything we eat manifests in all of our cells, which in turn affects the health and color of our skin.
Consumption of produce that consists of reds, greens, blues, yellows, purples, and oranges will give your skin an awesome hue. Who doesn’t want to manifest the full spectrum!
Flooding your body with the rainbow every day also delivers you a plethora of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and enzymes. This in turn boost energy, improves immune function, kills cancer and candida cells, detoxes your liver, kidneys and colon, and makes your skin vibrant and less prone to wrinkles and other fun byproducts of aging.
However, this does not include food that is dyed with artificial coloring. Avoid those dyes like your life depends on it – because it does! Fake dyes are one of your brains biggest adversaries. There are dozens of studies that show strong correlations between artificial food dye consumption and impaired visual, cognitive, and metabolic function.
On the bright side, color extracts from many veggies and spices are being used to dye food now. So rest assured – you can still splurge on red velvet cake. Just be sure to make sure it is dyed with beet juice.
Steer clear of foods that are white and brown like bread, pasta, red meat, cookies, sugar, dairy, you get the picture! These foods wreak havoc on your body which leads to excess mucus. This is a recipe for your skin to show pallor and sallow hues.
Some suggestions on eating the rainbow include salads, smoothies, juicing, adding veggies to wraps and sandwiches, experimenting with your food processor, or just eating them how they are
Radiantly Awesome Health Recap:
- No artificial food dyes
- Avoid whites and browns
- Eat the rainbow
- Love your body
- Do it!
Exercise is nothing short of fantastic. Not only does it give you a toned and healthier body, it also:
- Lowers BMI % (body mass index)
- Increases endorphins – and we all know endorphins = happiness!
- Lowers rates of disease such as heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers
- Allows for deeper inhalations promoting lung health and toning your diaphragm
- Allows you to sweat out toxins
- Boosts confidence. Skinny jeans, anyone?
And much more….
Some people may have a hard time fitting exercise into their busy daily schedules and forgo it all together. This is no Bueno! Especially if your work/school involves being sedentary all day. So, if you’re having trouble squeezing in workout sessions, these 3 killer moves are for you. You can do them anywhere, and they won’t take up more than 10 minutes of your time.
- TRICEP DIPS These bad boys work every muscle in your arms, plus your traps, lats, core, and legs. Dips torch fat and tone you like no other. Do 3 sets of 15, and rotate sets with these other exercises if it’s easier for you. To really challenge yourself and get a tighter core, lift one leg as you dip down and don’t let that foot touch the ground.Be sure to alternate legs.
- DEADLIFTS No better way to tone and target your glutes, quads, hamstrings, arms, shoulders, core, and lower back than with this exercise. The more weight the better. Oh, and to reap the full benefits be sure to have your knees slightly bent and keep your back straight as you bend down. Slouching ruins the move! 3 sets of 15 for this round too.
- JUMPING JACKS Try to get in at least 100 a day, such as 50 in the AM and 50 in the PM, or however you can squeeze these in. They tone your legs, derriere, arms and shoulders, in addition to boosting circulation and giving you a sweet cardio workout to keep that heart healthy.
These 3 exercises will target all of your muscles groups, tone your body, torch calories, and leave you feeling fabulous. Start them today!